Pullets eyes shut??

Cierrascoop

Songster
Sep 24, 2022
I have no idea what has happened to my Raven. Maybe you guys can help...
She has been completely fine. Today I went out and I noticed when I threw feed down she didn't come. She stayed perched up on a wooden box we have out by her coop that she shares with her sister.
She was moving her head around like she could hear me but couldn't see me. And then I noticed her eyes looked white. And I of course freaked out ...upon further observation her eye lids are just closed....I see no blood or redness??
She was fine yesterday.
This is her just a couple of days ago and this is her today. I apologize for my phone's awful camera quality.🥹☹️

Not sure that it matters but she's a silkie mix. Born in November 2022. No previous history of any issues. All other birds exhibit nothing similar. I will be monitoring her for any other symptoms, but as of now I have nothing to add since I just noticed it.

Attachments

• IMG_2023-02-02-14-05-22-187.jpg
    IMG_2023-02-02-14-05-22-187.jpg
    817.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2023-02-06-12-41-53-091.jpg
    IMG_2023-02-06-12-41-53-091.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 3
How does her crop feel? Is it pliable or hard? Is her tail pointed down, are you sure she’s not egg bound or something? Check her all over for any sign of injury or hint of a disease.

Raven hasn't yet started laying. She's around 12 weeks. I expect her and her sister to by summer, maybe. I am getting ready to do a more thorough inspection of her. I just noticed it and wasn't sure what it could be from or anything else to look for specifically. Her crop is normal feeling. I will add additional photos during this inspection if I find anything out of sorts
How does her crop feel? Is it pliable or hard? Is her tail pointed down, are you sure she’s not egg bound or something? Check her all over for any sign of injury or hint of a disease.

y summer.

So...it appears that she got wood shaving pieces in her eyes?? Like very tiny pieces. Her eyes are open now. I feel a bit ridiculous now. Can I just wash them out with a damp cloth to help remove the debris? I can see the little tiny pieces of bedding. I use wood chips and straw.

So...it appears that she got wood shaving pieces in her eyes?? Like very tiny pieces. Her eyes are open now. I feel a bit ridiculous now. Can I just wash them out with a damp cloth to help remove the debris? I can see the little tiny pieces of bedding. I use wood chips and straw.
Just flush/rinse her eyes with saline.

Back
Top Bottom