Pullets, hopefully?

Thanks! That’s good to hear :)
Often once they sort out the hierarchy in the flock it will stop but if you have one that's gotten into that habit and is still pecking you can try filing down tip of her beak or trim just the tip so it's not quite as sharp. When they peck and get a reaction or draw blood it just encourages them. If you blunt the tip when they peck they don't get as much of the desired response and lose interest. Had one of mine that was acting out a little when she was younger, I did above and she stopped.

Often once they sort out the hierarchy in the flock it will stop but if you have one that's gotten into that habit and is still pecking you can try filing down tip of her beak or trim just the tip so it's not quite as sharp. When they peck and get a reaction or draw blood it just encourages them. If you blunt the tip when they peck they don't get as much of the desired response and lose interest. Had one of mine that was acting out a little when she was younger, I did above and she stopped.
Thank you! I’ll definitely give that a try if she persists. She’s always been a bit unpredictable, so I’m hoping it doesn’t develop into a habit.

Back
Top Bottom