Pullets i just got

Dakota8472

Crowing
Apr 9, 2022
got some pullets today. to replace some males ill need to rehome soon. trying to get the guy to get the right breeds was shady at the least since there were 3 or 4 breeds in each bin. I think i have 2 Barred Plymouth rock and 2 lavender orpingtons. should all be pullets so i dont have to find any more boys homes. my poor little boys.... Ill get better pics in the AM since i didnt have much time wiht them this afternoon. just got them in the brooder and had some worries with 1 i think are resolved. now winding down for the night trying to figure out for sure what i thinkt hese ladys are. I think i got the breeds close based on what the signs showed at TSC.

<3

kota

Attachments

• 20220518_174605.jpg
    20220518_174605.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220518_174621.jpg
    20220518_174621.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220518_174635.jpg
    20220518_174635.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220518_174645.jpg
    20220518_174645.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 2
Picture one looks like a Black Australorp, 2 might be a Buff Brahma or a Cochin, and the last two are Barred Rocks. When you get a chance, better pictures would help. No rush though!

TSC generally does not carry Lavender Orpingtons (they are pretty hard to find, pure bred).

@Rhodebar Lover @cherrynberry
def will get them. they were all asleepa nd comfy by the 1030 time i came back for the night. didnt want to disturb them other than the unboxing pics i took of them. expect some at around 0800 when i wake them up and go out to the coop to the established flock . i love chickens so far for giving me a time table for a morning routine.

Picture one looks like a Black Australorp, 2 might be a Buff Brahma or a Cochin, and the last two are Barred Rocks. When you get a chance, better pictures would help. No rush though!

TSC generally does not carry Lavender Orpingtons (they are pretty hard to find, pure bred).

and itll be nice to be getting pics of these younger ones again. my other chickens that are from around mar 25th are just so hard to photograph now. was super easy the first 3-4 weeks lol.

and that'd be upsetting to if they arent lavenders when i know i was looking at their sign in store for those ones. sucks that i feel the staff at my TSC dont even know whats going on in the chicken space. Im heavily considering trying to source any future chickens differently than just getting them at TSC cus its conveniant.

and that'd be upsetting to if they arent lavenders when i know i was looking at their sign in store for those ones. sucks that i feel the staff at my TSC dont even know whats going on in the chicken space. Im heavily considering trying to source any future chickens differently than just getting them at TSC cus its conveniant.
TSC is known for their uneducated workers and mislabeled chicks. Lol.

and im like so put out by my silkie bantams they sold me. i swear theres nothing bantam about them. after almost 2 months of handling them they seem to pissed of to me and they keep up with my light brahmas growth so far. is this the common tractor supply exp?

I love my light brahma i guess a buff brahma pullet would make me happy. she was until 3 days ago my best handling chicken. now that shes bigger she seems to want to fly down faster than she used to. I handle them regularly to try to keep their temperments good. but like i said my silkies are a giant fail. the porcelain duccles i have are sweet little boys i think. they stay easier in your hands. so ima research what u think i got here and see what i should be expecting so far.

This chicken thing is fascinating to me. love having some little animals looking forward to being let out everyday. they pour out of their coup like water lol.

TSC is known for their uneducated workers and mislabeled chicks. Lol.
makes me sad. I know for a fact that expecting much from big business is unrealistic. but i always seem to hope things may be different. im going to start asking people about where else they source their birds. i know these big hatcheries are around. but i almost feel like id like to go get birds from some smaller breeders down the line. My porcelain Du'ccles make me feel like id love to try to get atleast 1 bird with the intent of try to show it at some kind of show.

Back
Top Bottom