Pullets Or Cockerels Please Help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by horseshoecreekranch, May 19, 2010.

1. horseshoecreekranch

horseshoecreekranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2009
    Hi I need some help with sexing two of our 3 month old silkies. Im thinking Silkie A is a Roo and have no idea on Silkie B. Any suggestions???

SILKIE "A"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SILKIE "B"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  2. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    not sure, but they are sure cute! I think when it comes to silkies you have to wait for a crow or an egg to be for sure. but hey you are almost there, just give it a little more time

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Supposedly, an experienced silkie person can tell most of the time by the size and shape of the comb and the feathers on the back of the head. They do eventually develop 'streamers' on the backs of their heads if they are male. However, I am far from being an experienced silkie person, but they sure are nice! Where did you get them?

4. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    lol they look as if they dont have eyes...too funny....no idea on the sexes tho I dont have silkies.

5. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    haven't got a clue but I can't decide if they are the cutest little things or funniest looking things:lol:

6. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    B definitely looks like a pullet to me. A does too except that I noticed what looks like the start of streamers on the back of the head, so I have no idea, lol! Hopefully someone comes along with a bit more experince with silkies.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  7. horseshoecreekranch

horseshoecreekranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2009
    Thank so much everybody!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by