Pullets or cockerels?

hannibalism

In the Brooder
May 28, 2021
Mount Holly, NC
Barred rock chickens from the local feed store, all around 13-14 weeks.
I thought all pullets since the coloring is very similar in all 4, but they’re developing at such different rates…and looking a tad too like in spots. Thoughts?
EF1C0F44-E92B-4F7B-93EF-367FA3C58B7F.jpeg

I haven't had barred rocks in awhile but, they look all male to me except the one in the back with the pale small comb. The one on the far right I'm almost 100% sure it's male.

I haven't had barred rocks in awhile but, they look all male to me except the one in the back with the pale small comb. The one on the far right I'm almost 100% sure it's male.
How so? At fourteen weeks you'd see male feathering. They all lack any. Also they are all single barred while males are double barred.

Their combs and wattles would also be more developed.

Your right, I haven't had barred rocks in a while and forgot hens also have pretty large combs. I didn't see the age and thought they were younger. I only really looked at the combs, my bad!

Barred rock chickens from the local feed store, all around 13-14 weeks.
I thought all pullets since the coloring is very similar in all 4, but they’re developing at such different rates…and looking a tad too like in spots. Thoughts?View attachment 2785909
Hi, the one on the far right is for sure a cockerel. Look at those tail feathers. If the others have similar tail feathers you have all cocks.

Back
Top Bottom