Pullets or Cockerels?

They are about 8 weeks. They are hard to photograph because they like to run around!

Age will definitely help. I can say the salmon breast of Big Red is a pullet pattern (males would be black breasted). Did you purchase her as a brown leghorn or a welsummer? Lovie looks to have a bit of awfully pink wattle showing in the first photo - do you see that in person? If so, given the amount of baby fuzz indicating a fairly young age (maybe 4ish weeks??) that would be indicative of a cockerel - is that Lovie in the second photo as well, or another SLW chick? Age is going to play into my thoughts on Daffy. Little Red looks like a Production Red pullet at this point. Can you get a clear, straight on shot of Fluffy's comb?

We got her as a welsummer. Lovies wattle isn't too pink in person, he/she is fuzzy. That is Lovie in the second pic as well, He/she has to be at least 6 weeks because we have had them over 6 weeks. Lovie is also the smallest chick. They are all slightly different ages.

Age will definitely help. I can say the salmon breast of Big Red is a pullet pattern (males would be black breasted). Did you purchase her as a brown leghorn or a welsummer? Lovie looks to have a bit of awfully pink wattle showing in the first photo - do you see that in person? If so, given the amount of baby fuzz indicating a fairly young age (maybe 4ish weeks??) that would be indicative of a cockerel - is that Lovie in the second photo as well, or another SLW chick? Age is going to play into my thoughts on Daffy. Little Red looks like a Production Red pullet at this point. Can you get a clear, straight on shot of Fluffy's comb?
x2

Back
Top Bottom