Pullets Started Laying (:

Chickaroo!

Songster
12 Years
Dec 27, 2007
My pullets are 18wks old and one started laying yesterday, another, today. I found both eggs on top of the nest boxes. I put wooden eggs in two of the nest boxes to try to incourage them to lay there. I just put my two older hens in with the little girls and one of the older ones layed in the nest box today.

Will the little girls just learn their way around or should I do something else to encourage to use of the nest boxes?

Congratulations! I'm waiting for my first eggs, so not much use in shaping behaviors...but listening.
cool.png

Well...I just got back from visiting with my girls and I found another pullet egg (drum roll please) IN THE NEST BOX!!!
yippiechickie.gif

So, I guess they just learn as they go
smile.png

when mine started i had one in the grass outside, one on the roost platform and one on top of the 'spare' portable nest box.. since then all have been in the regular boxes with 2 EE's and 2 black australorps laying in the same box (at different times).
rich

Our GLW which is our newest girl is supposed to be 3 eggs a week. Well its been 3 eggs in 3 days so far! Maybe she is going to stop for the rest of the week. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom