pullorum certificate from TSC

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by donjr721, Sep 22, 2010.

  1. donjr721

    donjr721 Out Of The Brooder

    Apr 1, 2010
    i purchased my chics from Tractor Supply in April, i was wondering if i could get a pullorum certificate from them.
  2. Katy

    Katy Flock Mistress

    Not unless they have someone who's a certified tester for the state. That's a test they don't do until they're at least 4 months old.
  3. averytds

    averytds Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jul 9, 2008
    We had this question come up prior to a small children's fair this year for some birds that were too young for me to test. I was told that at least for our state, TSC, Orscheln's, Atwood's or wherever should be able to provide upon request copies of the import and NPIP or VS 9-2 papers for each shipment of chicks they received to sell.

    So at least in KS you should be provided, when you ask for them, copies of the paperwork related to your chicks. The paperwork only covers the birds for their 1st 90 days though. After 4mnths old they would need retested, which covers another 90 days, unless you do NPIP which is good for a year.

    The owner's decided not to enter, so I can't say as to any problems trying to get copies from the feed store in question almost 3 months later. At purchase would be my recommendation for less hassle in the future.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by