Pumpkin feast

Sep 10, 2021
Ohio
My husband came home from work the other day with 4 very large pumpkins. They were so big that they wouldn't sit on our steps so he had to put them on the ground around the steps. My chickens have ignored them totally - until today. I just came out to all of my chickens feasting on the pumpkins. They pecked holes in all the pumpkins, but one. I picked that one up and moved it to an outside table. I hope they leave that one alone while they are eating the other three. Jokes on me, I thought if they left them alone for a few days we were in the clear. Nope, lol.
🧡Happy Fall Y'all!!🧡
20230923_155456.jpg
20230923_155506.jpg
20230923_155501.jpg

You should have gotten some pictures for the Poultry Pecking Pumpkins Photo Contest. :lol:

I've actually had this happen before. My family had the porch perfectly decorated with pumpkins on each step. Slowly but surely, the free rangers went after the one on the bottom step and put a nice big hole in it. 🤣

I thought you had to cut a hole in it!! Obviously not....lol

I have a local produce guy that going to give me his left over pumpkins for a few bucks after the decorating season is over...I can't wait for them to get at them.

Back
Top Bottom