Pumpkin Hulsey Color Genetics?

Pics
I had a few male birds similar to the pictured male segregate in some of my crosses. The birds had a band of white across the back and sides and their under color was snow white. They were definitely wheaten- the only other E locus allele in the population was birchen. The two documented restrictors found in the population were dark brown and columbian. The birds were segregates ( F4 I believe) from an original barred rhode island red ( synthesized from barred rock x rhode island) and appenzeller cross. It is my hypothesis that the white color is due to the lack of red enhancers- no mahogany or autosomal red or dark (DK*DK) genes present in the birds. I did not breed the birds- so no segregation in the offspring to discuss .

If I mentioned something others have written please excuse me for not giving another post credit.

Tim

In Eroupe I know in Brittan Black-breasted Reds(ie wheaton) are called hennys(henny colored) has nothing to do with the sex feathers in males at all like in th U.S.. I think this is where the confusion lies J/S I shall go back to lurking again.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. That is helpful, I wondered if there was some difference in terminology.

I am isolating such a henny coloring factor at the moment myself.
It may be the one in pumpkin too.
It causes male stippling/peppering in one dose already (Hf is said to take 2 doses for henny coloring).
Think mealy grey game.

So, would this gene work because there are different levels of estrogens involved in the feather coloration vs. the feather morphology or do you think there some other pathway involved in creating hen coloring without hen feathering?

And do you have a test for this Hf gene yet?

So, would this gene work because there are different levels of estrogens involved in the feather coloration vs. the feather morphology or do you think there some other pathway involved in creating hen coloring without hen feathering?

And do you have a test for this Hf gene yet?

I suspect another mechanism.

Hf is the documented henny feathering gene, not the one I am working on.
1 dose = henny feathering
2 doses = henny coloring

Hey Henk,

Can you direct me to where I can find a resource that shows which traits are on which chromosomes?

Thanks!

Does anyone know where I can purchase some pumpkins in the uk or how to import some eggs
Help would be much appreciated

hello sir. how to buy your pure gold bloodline........ please reply....... thanks.
Uncertain to whom you are addressing, jeromeamado, lots of people have posted to this thread. You might want to directly message the person you want to ask this.

But if you're looking for something other than pretty birds with unusual coloration, you're not going to find "pure gold bloodlines" in Pumpkin Hulseys here, most likely.

I have an interesting result from crossing that batnam pumpkin sport hen, who I now believe is genotypically Bl-Bl and not I^d-I^d, and have gotten some unexpectly cool results. The females appear to be classic Blue Silver Duckwings (due to being S-_, but the males have pumpkin/ginger bodies and wing bows and bars (though different shades of red), blue tails and intermediate Silver-gold (S-s) wing bays, hackle and saddle feathers that look remarkably like the Creme-Brown Old English Game Bantams from Australia as shown on Feathersite.

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Games/GameBantams/BRKOEGBantamsUK.html

See the fourth row down, middle photo.

Mine look this way because of being S-s rather than being s-s with the ig modifier. I'm open to any suggestions on what my best choice for getting the creme gene into my AGBs. I am unaware of its presence in Large Fowl American Games. I would love to take advantage of this bit of serendipity and attempt to fix the traits, as I've wanted this color type since I saw an American Serama with it at a show a couple years ago. Frustrating that I can't get one of the standardized Cream Browns from Oz, but it is what it is. I guess I need to find a largish OEGB with ig-ig to make a real Cream Brown from what I've got.

Boy, based on those photos, Aussie OEGBs sure look a lot more like AGBs than the US version of OEGBs.

Back
Top Bottom