Puncture wound on horse's neck

Thank you! I'm hoping she doesn't do her usual trick of being on her best behaviour when I take her to someone for help!

I didn't read all the posts, but sounds like she should be fine for your clinic. As long as she isn't in pain when she moves and the infection doesn't spread, she'll be fine.

I love Swat and Furazone for healing up cuts. Both keep the flies away and also help help amazingly fast. Both are also relatively cheap at most feed stores. i think I saw a little tub for about $7 last time I looked, and the stuff last forever. I use one or the other for all my pets.

I'm glad to report she's doing great
big_smile.png
We didn't need the vet, and the miracle medicine i've been using on the wound has almost completely healed it already. The man I bought it from told me not to use anything petroleum based and to stop hosing it and I thought he was nuts, but gave it a try. It started healing like crazy. I put the medicine on 4 times a day and the wound was half the size after the first day! Now she just has a small scab and probably won't even have a scar.

She's worse than her usual self after a couple of weeks being penned, i'll have to turn her out for a couple of days before we leave but i'm worried she'll find something else to injure herself with!

Back
Top Bottom