Puppies?

Pics

britesidefarm

Songster
May 22, 2020
Santa Barbara, CA
I have two Great Danes, a male and female, both unfixed. The female is 3 or 4 years old, and the male is about 7. About a month ago, early December, our female went into heat whole we were away. The only reason why both have not been neutered/spayed, is that a while ago we had a vet tell us to breed them at least once because our female, Nova, had a series of hormonal issues that was said to be fixed if we bred the two. We didn’t think they managed to breed together because our male, Eornie, is so old and Nova is too curious to see what he’s doing, to stay in one spot. Well now we’re noticing her behavior change to extremely needy and less “crazy”. She also has widened from the top view, and has been running slower and slightly with a waddle. Now her nipples are a lot more swollen, but we don’t see any actual growth to where a normal dog would be at this late in the stage. What do you think? Possible puppies?
F13D43C3-9CC6-4947-96C2-2BE190BA165A.jpeg
49B07F6F-16F5-4B35-9321-F05FFC0854EC.jpeg

(happy dog being goofy 😁)
F0A42F87-1237-4FBD-9288-6134E43D524E.jpeg

(And happy old man Eornie)
721BF5E8-A6E2-48BA-B2B4-D44BC57E201C.jpeg

I have two Great Danes, a male and female, both unfixed. The female is 3 or 4 years old, and the male is about 7. About a month ago, early December, our female went into heat whole we were away. The only reason why both have not been neutered/spayed, is that a while ago we had a vet tell us to breed them at least once because our female, Nova, had a series of hormonal issues that was said to be fixed if we bred the two. We didn’t think they managed to breed together because our male, Eornie, is so old and Nova is too curious to see what he’s doing, to stay in one spot. Well now we’re noticing her behavior change to extremely needy and less “crazy”. She also has widened from the top view, and has been running slower and slightly with a waddle. Now her nipples are a lot more swollen, but we don’t see any actual growth to where a normal dog would be at this late in the stage. What do you think? Possible puppies?View attachment 2983509View attachment 2983510
(happy dog being goofy 😁)View attachment 2983516
(And happy old man Eornie)View attachment 2983520
I should also mention that she did have a False Pregnancy about 8 months ago.

You could take her in and get her X rayed, but she is either pregnant or she isn't and you will find out soon enough. Spaying a female before her first heat goes a long way in preventing mammary cancer.
We will be taking her to get and ultrasound when we can, but just wanted to see what other people’s input would be. Like I said, we always spay/nueter our dogs when they’re pups unless suggested by a vet, which was the case here

Ver can take an X-ray and tell you. Mine usually don't start showing until about a month in. 7 is no way to old to sire a litter. Buddy's FC just sired a litter at 13 years old.
In this breed of dog, they usually only live until 10 at the oldest. If mine is pregnant, then she would already be about 7 weeks in (month and a half)

I have two Great Danes, a male and female, both unfixed. The female is 3 or 4 years old, and the male is about 7. About a month ago, early December, our female went into heat whole we were away. The only reason why both have not been neutered/spayed, is that a while ago we had a vet tell us to breed them at least once because our female, Nova, had a series of hormonal issues that was said to be fixed if we bred the two. We didn’t think they managed to breed together because our male, Eornie, is so old and Nova is too curious to see what he’s doing, to stay in one spot. Well now we’re noticing her behavior change to extremely needy and less “crazy”. She also has widened from the top view, and has been running slower and slightly with a waddle. Now her nipples are a lot more swollen, but we don’t see any actual growth to where a normal dog would be at this late in the stage. What do you think? Possible puppies?View attachment 2983509View attachment 2983510
(happy dog being goofy 😁)View attachment 2983516
(And happy old man Eornie)View attachment 2983520
Awesome looking dogs. Definitely following

Back
Top Bottom