Puppies?

Pics
I personally do not think it’s irresponsible to keep an intact dog. I actually think any responsible pet owner should be able to keep an intact dog without issues. Seems op has done that.
Anyway, not looking to ruffle any feathers, just an opinion. Desexing also puts the pet into instant menopause, which causes lots of health issues. Yes, eliminates reproductive cancer and pyometra, but it does not come without increasing other problems. I think the pros of intact outweigh the cons.
https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/health-risks-of-early-spay-neuter/?utm_source=klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CONTENT: Omelette + stuff (UULV89)&_kx=aLpu1CaD4r2NpNcGSykQ3C9EWU3u1wEVaZ5OFDlIE44=.C4YyV9

Anyway, this is off topic. Just wanted to put my two cents in the bucket. Carry on.View attachment 3213382View attachment 3213383

Edit: not to say that irresponsible pet owners with unwanted pregnancies aren’t part of the problem, but they certainly aren’t the only, or biggest problem.
Just so you don't think you are alone I agree completely.

I personally do not think it’s irresponsible to keep an intact dog. I actually think any responsible pet owner should be able to keep an intact dog without issues. Seems op has done that.
Anyway, not looking to ruffle any feathers, just an opinion. Desexing also puts the pet into instant menopause, which causes lots of health issues. Yes, eliminates reproductive cancer and pyometra, but it does not come without increasing other problems. I think the pros of intact outweigh the cons.
https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/health-risks-of-early-spay-neuter/?utm_source=klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CONTENT: Omelette + stuff (UULV89)&_kx=aLpu1CaD4r2NpNcGSykQ3C9EWU3u1wEVaZ5OFDlIE44=.C4YyV9

Anyway, this is off topic. Just wanted to put my two cents in the bucket. Carry on.View attachment 3213382View attachment 3213383

Edit: not to say that irresponsible pet owners with unwanted pregnancies aren’t part of the problem, but they certainly aren’t the only, or biggest problem.
I agree. As long as the owner is responsible enough to make sure their dog doesnt get bred or breed with someone elses dog there is nothing wrong with keeping the dog intact.

C54494E7-F22E-4435-9E9F-C3C23671145B.jpeg

A day 50(?) update

I personally don’t see any difference beside the enlargement of the one from teat.

View attachment 3218432View attachment 3218433
Day 53(?)
She’s started producing clear/yellow liquid (colostrum?) out of most of her teats
I don't have any experience with pregnancies, but she does look bigger than in the last pics. :confused:
On Dr. Oakely, and Tv show, when dogs are close to birth they start taking their temperature. Body temp should drop when females are about to give birth.

I don't have any experience with pregnancies, but she does look bigger than in the last pics. :confused:
On Dr. Oakely, and Tv show, when dogs are close to birth they start taking their temperature. Body temp should drop when females are about to give birth.
Thank you, I’ll start doing that

Back
Top Bottom