1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

purchasing tylan 200

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 6chickens, Mar 24, 2009.

1. 6chickens

6chickens Out Of The Brooder

Nov 23, 2007
    Hi everyone.

I have a very sick hen at the moment and the vet wants to perscribe me Tylan 200. The amount he wants to sell to me is for 100 hens

Can anyone spare some just for 1 bantam and i will pay the the drug and the postage

thanks so much

p.s i am in the uk

2. 6chickens

Nov 23, 2007
    anyone around that can help me?

3. Renee

Renee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    CALIFORNIA
    Sorry, don't have any. Have you tried to order online?

4. 6chickens

Nov 23, 2007
    its only by perscription and again large quantities

5. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Whats the difference between Tylan 50 and Tylan 200? I have a brand new bottle of Tylan 50 that I picked up at the feed store without a prescription.

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I think the OP is in the UK.

7. Poulets De Cajun

Yeah, but is there any difference in the two? Is one stronger than the other, hence the needed prescription? Or is it prescription because its a different country?

As well, if the latter is the case, are their any regulations about sending a non-prescription drug here, to another country where it requires a prescription?

8. 6chickens

Nov 23, 2007
    i dont know what the difference is i would imagine it is not as strong as 200. but i'll pay for shipping. my girlie has micoplasma so needs it

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I'd assume that it is a different more recent formulation in the 200 vs the 50, meaning fewer resistant bacteria to the 200 type vs the 50 type. And from what I've read so far, the 200 is an injectable drug, vs the 50 is a water drug in the packets from the store that is often so overused it doesn't do much for most things... and if it is an injectable, it may need to be refrigerated, but is available in the US for about 22USD for 250ml.

10. Poulets De Cajun

The tylan 50 that I have is stored at room temperature, and is injectible.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by