Pure Black Ameraucana Large Fowl Eggs!!!

Sorry for the bad pics. They just didn't want to sit still.

STP60333.jpg

STP60331.jpg

STP60329.jpg

STP60328.jpg

The Roo Holds on to this one by the muff. She has very pretty muffs he just pulls them out.
STP60336.jpg

You can still see her beard. I'll try to get some better pics later.

Last edited:
I guarantee that these are pure breeds. I only have one rooster, and he is pure. I also have 5 pure hens. There are a couple of other hens in there also but they all lay brown eggs. He was just riding the 5 hens too hard. So I put in a couple more ladies to give him something else to chase. I have my bator full with the eggs right now. I just didn't want them to go to waste.

Last edited:
sbwhite,
NIce birds, do you know their background as far as their bloodlines? Glad to see your keeping them pure Ameraucanas. Harry

I have a limited knowledge of the bloodlines. They came from a couple that is the president of the 4-H in bloomington,IN. She shows the birds and takes very good care of them. She was searching for someone to get pure LF birds from. By chance a breeder out of Texas that specializes in Ameraucanas was coming through IN for a show, so she met him and purchased several from him. My Rooster was a back-up for her and is still young. I actually had no intention on getting the Roo, but after seeing how handsome he was I had to take him. The only thing that the lady I got them from asked is that I try to further the breed. Like I said I already have eggs in the bator. If I could I wouldn't mind keeping all the eggs and hatching them. I may even want to try to show them at some point. I hope that this gives you a little more information on them. If there is any other questions I could answer I will be happy to.

Last edited:
I have recieved more info on these birds background. They are from Paul Smith a Breeder in Texas. Here is some info on Him.

Paul was born in Gainesville, Texas in Sept. 1955 where he grew up on a small family dairy ranch and farm combination. He raised registered Duroc Show Hogs for over twenty years, starting at age 12. There was a 200 head flock of White Leghorn Layers on the family farm, so Paul acquired an early background knowledge of chickens, but no show experience with them until 1999 after acquiring his first Ameraucanas.

He and his wife, Angela, bred & raised the mixed Easter Egg Layers for 5 years before purchasing some large fowl Ameraucanas in black, blue, and silver. Later they purchased a start of wheatens, blue wheatens and buffs. The Easter Egg Layers were soon phased out after acquiring Ameraucanas.

Paul and Angela hatch many Ameraucana chicks each year. They enjoy showing their poultry and participate in several shows a year, mostly within Texas and Oklahoma. At the 2006 National Meet in Frankenmuth, MI, Paul and Angela were awarded the annual A.B.C. Lifetime Achievement Award for meritorious service to the club and the breed. They have shipped thousands of chicks and birds to at least 32 states of the union. Paul and Angela have attended every national meet since they first became involved, driving many thousands of miles to attend and participate. They have achieved American Poultry Association Master Exhibitor status solely on their Ameraucana winnings. They have been tremendous ambassadors for the breed.

Paul & Angela have one son, Matthew. Paul also has four other sons, John, David, Josh and Ethan. Paul has worked in an Antique European Automobile Restoration Shop since August 1, 1986. Both Paul and Angela are involved in the ministry of their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

sbwhite0,
You are very fortunate to be able to purchase these birds since Paul is the supreme breeder of the blacks and one of the top Ameraucana breeders in the USA and they usually win every where he takes them. Good luck with them. Harry

Back
Top Bottom