Pure Bred CHOW puppy needs a home ASAP- NY/NJ/CT

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
I have agreed to take in a close friend who has fallen on hard times. He recently bought a Chow Puppy for $800 several months ago. My son is VERY allergic to dogs and after much discussion we have decided that the dog must be re-homed while he is still very young and wont notice the change as much. Bear (that's the dogs name) is beautiful and friendly, he is about 7 months old or so and still needs to learn all the commands but he does come when called. Bear has seen a vet and is not fixed he does have pure bred pedigree papers and has had all his shots and has also been micro chipped!!! I will have all copies and original paperwork/certificates by this evening.

I am asking $400 as my friend has a lot of bills to pay but I do not want price to hinder finding this dog a GOOD permanent home and well over a $1000 has been spent on him already only a few months ago. If $400 is too much I will consider a barter or something else as I really just need a good home for Bear.

Bear gets along with other dogs as there is also some small lap dog that is much older that he lives with and a big turtle that he gets along with as well. He is purposely gentle with small creatures and although he has never been around fowl or livestock he does seem like he would be trainable to be a good bird/farm dog. Bear is fed a very good human grade feed (I will get the name later) and frankly has been better cared for than the owner has done on himself. Bear is great with strangers and very very friendly, he has real potential to be a GREAT doggie
smile.png
I do not advocate dog breeding preferring mutts and shelter pups myself, but from what I have been told he would be a good breeding dog. Since he is still unfixed that choice is up to the new owner.

please contact me via e-mail if you are interested. I am willing to drive part way but will require some sort of reference such as the name of your local vet so that I may make sure the home I am placing him is a good one that is if I don't already know you also if anyone knows someone that might be interested maybe not a BYC member... I have heard horror stories about people buying pets off craigslist and selling for animal research and stuff like that I don't have time to join a bunch of dog forums and don't know anyone that wants a dog so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Susan

He is the cutest thing ever BTW and if there was anyway to keep him with out landing my DS in the ER I would gladly open my home to him.

bear2.jpg

bear.jpg

Here is a pic taken today of Bear. although now he looks more like a lion. I have confirmed that he was born in January from a breeder in Arkansas which is no small feat considering where we live. His brother from the same litter was all black, he is a beautiful Buff color.

0823001215.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom