$25.00 1/2 gal
$15.00 qt
$10.00 pt

Grade, Light A to B:
$40.00 gal
$22.00 1/2 gal
$14.00 qt
$8.00 pt

Shipping is not included in price, I will need your zip code to determine the shipping cost.
This is made in Halifax, Vermont. My family has been doing this for over 100 years. Please pm me with your info if you would like to purchase any.
Thank you.

Very nice tradition you have with your family. You'll probably not understand this but coming from the deep south where sugar cane at one was a huge cash crop I am accustomed to cane syrup. I don't like maple syrup. My kids do. To you that must seem odd.

No Mp to tell you the truth when I was really young, I used to get put in a huge cradboard box that the syrup cans came in. Thy put me in there for a few reasons..lol 1- so I wouldnt wander around and fall into the hot arch! and 2- so I wasnt in the way. But I alwas had coloring books and toy to play with....how sad does that sound. Anyway back to you question, im really not a huge syrup fan myself, I have had soooo much of it that I caould really live without it. We had a maple festival here last weekend and it really shocks me to hear how many people think making maple syrup is an easy task, especially when they complain about the price.
On average it takes 42gal of sap to make 1gal of syrup. not to mention all the really hard back breaking work to tap the trees, gather the sap, watch the temps and consistinsy's, filter it out, check the grade, and bottle it, LOL and las but not least try not to get burnt

I know some people sit back and think to themselves we must make a fortune, but in all reality we dont. We pay out more than we make, its just a hobby, even though we have to pay a business tax on everything.
Sorry this is so long I got carried away there...haha

Last edited:
My husband is from upstate NY and did maple sugaring as a kid and has nothing but fond memories of it. He'd love to do some of that at home, but we're surrounded by oaks.

I would be interested in some, my husband would love it. Let me discuss with him about what grade and get back to you.

He told me after they got done making the syrup the commercial companies would come round and buy all the dark low grade syrup for their products.

Tells you something doesn't it?

Julie

Forgot my zip code: 01569

Last edited:
I looooove good maple syrup.
I used to have a bottle for me of the 'good stuff', and a jug of the icky brown sugar water that the kids prefered.
But I'm slowly winning them over to pure maple as I campaign for less processed foods at our house. And since I hid my special bottle of it for so long they think it MUST be something special, and have embraced the chance to share! Too funny!!

Anyway, what would be shipping on a quart to 37865?

barnie.gif
OK sorry to do this but my grandmother just called me and said someone in CT just placed a huge order. So I need to put a hold on taking orders for about 2 weeks, sorry!

To those who already ordered you will still get your order, I just caint take anymore at the moment, I will post again when we get some more made.
barnie.gif

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom