Purebred Australorps...!

Elixafar

Chirping
Jan 19, 2021
So, I had these beautiful girls. Which, I bought as Australorps. I don't now much about purebred Heritage Australorps and what are their characteristics..These girls are very docile and calm. Laying large sized eggs... I want to breed heritage show quality Australorps from these girls. They are molting at this time. My question is can i get show quality birds from these hens if i breed them with some good quality roo.....?
IMG_20210203_170131.jpg
IMG_20210129_094356.jpg

IMG_20210129_094403.jpg
IMG_20210122_174037.jpg
IMG_20210128_174013.jpg
IMG_20210122_174206.jpg

IMG_20210128_173452.jpg

IMG_20210128_103814.jpg

This is possible, in fact, Ramona Trombly (sorry I cannot remember the correct spelling), a prominent Australorp breeder, has done just that. She bred hatchery birds with show stock. She used hatchery and show quality stock in her lines. However, if you have access to show quality birds it is far easier and cheaper to breed from there. I would recommend getting a Standard. Show quality birds are much bigger than hatchery birds. That is not to say you cannot start with hatchery birds. Ramona did. But you have to know what to select for. It is only possible to get show stock if you are willing to hatch a lot, select the best, and cull hard.

This is possible, in fact, Ramona Trombly (sorry I cannot remember the correct spelling), a prominent Australorp breeder, has done just that. She bred hatchery birds with show stock. She used hatchery and show quality stock in her lines. However, if you have access to show quality birds it is far easier and cheaper to breed from there. I would recommend getting a Standard. Show quality birds are much bigger than hatchery birds. That is not to say you cannot start with hatchery birds. Ramona did. But you have to know what to select for. It is only possible to get show stock if you are willing to hatch a lot, select the best, and cull hard.
My these girls are much bigger then many other australorps in our area. My bigger hen weighs about 3.5 kg nd the smaller one is 2.7 kg. Others weigh between them.I don't know what is the standard weight for australorps. But my girls lack some main points. Their nails are not white and their eyes are not much dark like the standard ones.

Someone can plzz show me how the perfect standard show quality Australorps look like.....!

My these girls are much bigger then many other australorps in our area. My bigger hen weighs about 3.5 kg nd the smaller one is 2.7 kg. Others weigh between them.I don't know what is the standard weight for australorps. But my girls lack some main points. Their nails are not white and their eyes are not much dark like the standard ones.
Do they have yellow foot bottoms? If so, they are Jersey giants.

Hi there, not sure if you have had any luck finding show quality Australorps. I think I can help you. I'm down to only two hens now...lol. My best two. My rooster is from Championship lineage. (The hens are from the same breeder, but unrelated), ...they are huge) My Roo is the step brother (and looks identical to his brother) who won Best in Show at two shows. Best Australorp in 4 shows and Best of English Class in 3 shows. I ship hatching eggs if you're interested. We only breed Australorps to SOP. We breed BBS. We are NPIP certified.

Back
Top Bottom