Purely poultry... Worth it??

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Kitty135, May 14, 2011.

1. Kitty135

Kitty135 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Hello! I have been searching all over for a hatchery to get some Japanese bantams from and I just recently found purely poultry. I would be spending quite a bit of money on chicks, and I was wondering if some of you could give me a little but of information on purely poultry hatchery? Would you recommend it? The website is www.purelypoultry.com

2. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    They are a broker, I personally would not buy from a broker I prefer to buy from a breeder. Broker stock is usually crappy somewhat resembling a breed. They are like mypetchicken and I advise you to seek a reputable breeder. IMO [​IMG]

3. Kitty135

Apr 2, 2011
    Quote:Thank you, but I would actually prefer hatchery stock. I just want to know how well their service/birds are

4. chickened

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    There service is fine just like everyone else they will replace dead birds from shipping. As for the quality well... they are brokers so from year to year and month to month you never know the quality as they ship from the nearest breeder to you and your chickens may resemble the picture but not always. They are middle men they buy from the low bidder hatchery.

5. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    All of my PP chicks have always come from Privett...nice hatchery birds and if you have ever tried to deal with Privett on your own you will more than appreciate what PP does for you...I'll take Privett birds over MM any day...and we don't have many hatchery birds here. They do NOT ship from the closest to your place because of location..I'm much closer to many hatcheries than Privett.

6. chickened

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    I have bought Privett's birds and they were nice birds for hatchery stock. Purely poultry claims to have 300 breeds and I can assure you they do not all come from Privetts hatchery as I have seen thier product line list. My friend in Idaho sells eggs to Privett. Next time you buy chicks from PP look at the postmark that is what I did it will surprise you.

7. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    Agreed.I never said they all come from there..just all the one's I have ever ordered and they are one of the furthest hatcheries from us...not the closest.

8. Kitty135

Apr 2, 2011
    Thanks for the advice! Just ordered 5 Japanese bantams from purely poultry. They should arrive in less than 2 weeks!!! Can't wait!!

9. purelypoultry

purelypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    Thank you so much for giving us a try. We are honored you chose us.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by