Purina Flock Raiser users, question w/pic

SC here and honestly it looks like a processing issue.
I'm 90% certain they incorporate the ingredients into water and create a slurry.
The slurry is likely cooked down or somehow they get most of the water to evaporate.
From there it's forced through a die with holes that gives it the pellet appearance.
From there it would likely be dried on a conveyor belt and finally it would be tumbled until it breaks down to it's intended form, hence "crumbles".

I guarantee it's not supposed to be a bag of powder.
I've been feeding flock raiser to my birds for going on two years, but I'm starting to think I might have to find an alternative.
The manager at TS said I could exchange the bag again, but I'm going to reach out to someone who knows a lot about these things and see if there's something better.
I'll let you all know what I find out.

SC here and honestly it looks like a processing issue.
I'm 90% certain they incorporate the ingredients into water and create a slurry.
The slurry is likely cooked down or somehow they get most of the water to evaporate.
From there it's forced through a die with holes that gives it the pellet appearance.
From there it would likely be dried on a conveyor belt and finally it would be tumbled until it breaks down to it's intended form, hence "crumbles".

I guarantee it's not supposed to be a bag of powder.
I've been feeding flock raiser to my birds for going on two years, but I'm starting to think I might have to find an alternative.
The manager at TS said I could exchange the bag again, but I'm going to reach out to someone who knows a lot about these things and see if there's something better.
I'll let you all know what I find out.
I feel your pain! Chances are if they have the same lot number on the bottom, they'll all be the same so no point in exchanging them.

-Kathy

The last time I exchanged I got a good one so I'll give it a try.
The chickens don't seem interested in the powder, so I have to find something.

Back
Top Bottom