Purina Flock Raiser

My roo eats layer crumble right along with my girls. I don't know how I could keep him from eating it.
hmm.png
And when I put crushed egg shells out for them, he treats himself to that too.
roll.png

I would think your males could still eat the flock raiser since it is for mixed flock. Layena is okay too for males. I love to have the flock raiser around in the winter and during molting because it has a higher protein content. It is an excellent feed (even for layers on occassion, as long as you have oyster shell available, too)!

Purina makes a duck starter, grower, and breeder formula. There's no maintenance formula, but they do perfectly fine on the grower when it's not laying season - I just add a few supplements and let them forage (well, when it's the middle of winter and they can't forage, I buy them bags of fresh spinach
big_smile.png
).

It's not any more expensive than Purina dog food - I get it at my local feed mill for about $14.95 per 50 pound bag. It's not available in all areas, but you can usually get it special ordered at no additional charge as long as they carry other Purina products (and if your feed store wants to be stubborn and tell you they can't special order it, you can call Purina and complain, which usually results in your feed store begrudgingly ordering it
wink.png
)

I'm conflicted on this topic as well.. We're getting our 3 female buff ducks this weekend (just ducklings now) and I have bought a bag of Duck Starter (Its called Startena) but i'm sure I read somewhere on the label to feed until 30 days... what do I feed after that? A flock raiser?

Purina does have a duck food. Its called waterfowl food.

Right now I'm feeding my ducklings (3-6 weeks old) the Purina grower. Mazuri (that is also by Purina) also has a waterfowl food. Anyone that sells Purina products can order you the waterfowl food.

Laurie

Gamebird feed will work for ducks but it is recommended to not feed any kind of medicated feed to ducks. The medication itself is not toxic to them but they eat so much they overdose on the medication is what I have been told.
idunno.gif

These is what I am able to get:
*Game Bird Maintenance
*Game Bird Breeder Layena
*Purina Mills Start & Grow
*Purina Mills Layena
*Purina Mills Flock Raiser

They may be a few others, but those are all I can remember

out of those what would be best to feed? I have both males and females.

Back
Top Bottom