Purina Game Bird Chow (Startena) -- grain mites

CovidtimeQuail

Highly quailified
Nov 28, 2020
Honolulu, HI
On the subject of feed, is anyone else experiencing problems with the Purina Game Bird Chow? Mine is shipping from the Continental US with tons of grain mites. At first I thought it was my storage, so I sealed it up really tight, including a rubber seal on the can. Turns out it's inside the feed to begin with.

I know it isn't being picked up at the feed store, since it usually has to be picked up the day it comes in from the docks or it sells out. I guess that's good news for the feed store though. . .

On the subject of feed, is anyone else experiencing problems with the Purina Game Bird Chow? Mine is shipping from the Continental US with tons of grain mites. At first I thought it was my storage, so I sealed it up really tight, including a rubber seal on the can. Turns out it's inside the feed to begin with.

I know it isn't being picked up at the feed store, since it usually has to be picked up the day it comes in from the docks or it sells out. I guess that's good news for the feed store though. . .
Unfortunately, the big milling company's don't have good quality control....its just 'added protein' as far as they are concerned. Oh, they have good QC on the moisture content of the grain they buy because higher moisture content means they pay more for the grain and won't buy it unless it's at or below their standard 'allowable' moisture content. :(

Back
Top Bottom