Purina

Awww... Babies! Now that the season is turning, baby fever is settled ng in for both hens AND chicken keepers!

I'm only adding two chicks this year, but I'm getting goslings!!!!
:wee
We got layers chicks coming in June, major restructuring going on the farm for biosecurity and breeding projects so don't want the fluff balls yet but if they come out with them. :idunno

Not knowing anything about All Stock feed, I googled it. Every brand I looked at was 12% protein.

This is MUCH TOO LOW for laying chickens. Or any chickens. Layer feed (usually the least expensive and lowest % protein) is 16%.

I can guess that your chickens began laying due to increases in daylight/sunlight. But I sincerely doubt it is because of the feed.
Plus it's usually chock full of molasses, not something chickens need to be eating, and nowhere near enough calcium for laying hens.

hello everyone I just saw this thread and wanted to get some advice as well. I have been using just 16% Dumor pellets and just did my research and found that some foods are just using fillers and wanted to see if I should switch? I just bought 18% nutrena feather fixers because supposedly Nutrena is pretty good and I also bought cracked corn, and a Calcium booster bag. Is this a pretty good diet?
thanks and good luck reading this

Back
Top Bottom