Purina

Pics
I use Purina. I get it from my local farmers exchange, 5 minutes from my house, where most people in my town get their's. I've been feeding my (14 pullets + 1 cockerel) Purina since the day they were delivered to the post office (hatched August 28th ; delivered August31st). They just started laying, earlier than I expected. I've gotten over 4 dozen since they started laying 2 weeks ago. So in my eyes... Purina feed conspiracy... BUSTED! It's working just fine for me, and everyone else in my town.

Last edited:
Thank you for that information. I'm in Tennessee so I will Google, kalmaBach and see if I can find it. Take care.. PS whoever thought our chickens would be so valuable. I got friends coming out of the woodwork to get my eggs but unfortunately I eat two a day so they're gone..
I know chewy has it. However, it’s about 10 dollars more to order on their site for delivery. I’m not sure how far their reach goes. I think a local bag here is around 20-22 bucks in Ohio per 50lbs. I use their goat feed ( for my goats) and like it. I agree they are really valuable and hope you have better luck asap! Do your best to create optimal laying conditions for them and let the girls do the work from there.

additionally, Nutrena's "Feather Fixer" is a higher protein (18%) "Layer" Formulation. It already contains adequate calcium (3.5%+/-) for most production layers, and too much for everything not actively producing like a production layer.
Interesting, my lazy self had never actually looked into feather fixers formula,never crossed my mind. I started my first bag of Nutrena chick starter few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised at the ingredients that were listed on the tag.

Back
Top Bottom