purple egg layers

sóley

Songster
Feb 4, 2018
so I own pink, chocolate, blue, green, brown and white egg layers. could I make a purple egg layer? I seen some pictures of purple eggs and I think there so beautiful :)

I have seen brown eggs from my flock that have a purple sheen. It's funny because once it is wet when I wash it the egg looks dull. When it dries, the purple comes back. I haven't gotten an egg like this for a while... I don't know who was laying them but I have heard croad langshans carry this trait.

okey thanks, I have a 1 year old pink egg laying hen, and easter egger adult hens, but my easter egger rooster is still in his egg, hehe, he's in my incubator and I'm so exited for them to hatch, I only own 2 easter egger hens now and some chicks and fertile egg in the incubator that's going to hatch after 2 days....so exited :)

I'm going to pick a rooster that's comes from a blue egg, but I'm not sure tho if he's going to give blue eggs tho, the breeder has 2 rooster, one that gives blown eggs and one that gives green or blue eggs (she wasn't sure because she just got him) and I got blue, green, olive, pink and brown fertile eggs from her hens so I'm exited to she what kind a eggs I get when the hens that comes from these eggs start laying eggs.

I don't know what my 2 primadonnas are going to say when I move them to a new coop with some teen hens when the chicks will be old enough to be introduce to my old easter egger girls hehe :jumpy

Back
Top Bottom