1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Purple Haze

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by the1much, Jan 21, 2009.

1. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

hehe [​IMG] made ya look [​IMG]

wellz anywho..... a while ago i gave a guy 2 of the prettiest guineas you've ever seen,,, a few days later, he brought me 3 big ole B.A. hens,,, well the other morning, a truck pulls in,, and all of a sudden every single roo i have ( bout 15 or so lol) started SCREAMING,,,, man they were mad,,,,, well i got out the door, rounded the corner of the house,, he's just getting out of the truck,, reaches in and pulls this out,, legs tied up like it was a bull,, hahahaa
    passes him to me,, and says,, " brought ya something",, got back in his truck,, and down the road.. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    some reason I was thinking panama city beach.....pretty chicken though

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Fine looking bird Jim......wish you could take some of my Roos...they are starting to fight!! and I don't like it......no no I can't eat them....I never eat anybody I know .....

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    what a handsome devil! [​IMG]

5. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    15 Roos?!?!?! How do you manage 15? Hw many hens or are they all confined separately?? My one roo is almost as much work as my husband! [​IMG]

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Purple haze.....made my eyes go glassy...just thinking about...ohhh, never mind! [​IMG] What a handsome roo ya got there!

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ok, Jim, his legs were tied together. Is that a warning????

8. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Beautiful bird! You think he dropped a troublemaker off on ya?

9. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    If you think he looks purple, then I want some of what you're hazed on!!

Guess Skand needs a bigger stick for whacking roos. That one looks like trouble!!

10. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

I have WHAT in my yard? :

15 Roos?!?!?! How do you manage 15? Hw many hens or are they all confined separately?? My one roo is almost as much work as my husband! [​IMG]

their all in separate pens,, well cept a couple,, and they all have their own girls,, and i like em better then the mean ole hens,,hahaha

Quote:no,, the guy has a few game roo's,, and the hens at his place,, he has horse stables he rents out,, and someone dropped them off at his place,, this roo screams to get away,, [​IMG] once you touch him,, he shuts up, and just lays there [​IMG]

Quote:he has alot of purple sheen to him,, i wish the photos would show just half of it,, he is really purple in the sun,, haha

and THANKIES everyone for the compliments [​IMG] ,, just shows how giving a dude 2 guineas can pay ya back [​IMG] heheh [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by