Purple Peafowl Picture Postings Please!

Quote:
In person purples are obviously different and even though I'm color blind, can easily see purple on necks and parts of the tail. The "strength" of purple tint also changes in sunlight/shade, it can scream brilliant purple to the whole world in one minute and in next minute it can look 'less purple' but it's still purplish. The green on tail also is different shade from blue.

It is very hard to capture in pictures how some of the peafowl colors really look in person- in above pictures the peacock necks look normal blue to me but that's the camera. I still can make out the different green shade on tail.. only recognize it because I had purples before. Best to visit somebody who has purples then you will see the difference.

Females look similar to cameo, except they have purplish shiny feathers on neck.

These are so beautiful...I would love to have some to look at all day.
Can you tell me how you care for them in comparison to chickens?

Last edited:
Quote:
If you do, then you will be able to sex all from the IB hens as soon as they hatch.

All chicks from the Purple BS hen will be Purple BS, the other all blue male chicks split to purple and BS, all purple hen chicks split BS

Quote:
What do you call one that looks like this except the eyes are white?

If pied ......purple pied white eye. Yes some peafowl can be more than one pattern.

Now a purple silverpied , would also be white eye ,as all silverpieds are white eye.

I have a Blue blackshoulder pied white eye, note that a blue with three patterns.

The max so far is three patterns.

Can't be pied and silverpied or Barred wing and BS

Quote:
If you do, then you will be able to sex all from the IB hens as soon as they hatch.

All chicks from the Purple BS hen will be Purple BS, the other all blue male chicks split to purple and BS, all purple hen chicks split BS

Ok, Let see if I got this right..

=======================================

Male Purple Black Shoulder X IB Hen

All Hens are Purple split to Black Shoulder
All Males are IB Split to Purple and Black Shoulder

Male Purple Black Shoulder X Purple Hen

All chicks are purple split to Black Shoulder

Quote:
What do you call one that looks like this except the eyes are white?

If pied ......purple pied white eye. Yes some peafowl can be more than one pattern.

Now a purple silverpied , would also be white eye ,as all silverpieds are white eye.

I have a Blue blackshoulder pied white eye, note that a blue with three patterns.

The max so far is three patterns.

Can't be pied and silverpied or Barred wing and BS

Thanks. I think. Or was that a tongue twister?
big_smile.png

Quote:

Ok, Let see if I got this right..

Male Purple Black Shoulder X IB Hen

All Hens are Purple split to Black Shoulder
All Males are IB Split to Purple and Black Shoulder

Male Purple Black Shoulder X Purple Hen

All chicks are purple split to Black Shoulder

right

Back
Top Bottom