put the flock in there new coop yesterday, only got 2 eggs today

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by blueseal, Jan 30, 2009.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    i only got 2 eggs today. iv been getting 6-8 eggs a day for the month. maybe the change of the coop made them stop laying.hopefully they will get used to it in a few days and back to laying.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    Could they find the nest boxes? Maybe they layed on the floor. The teansfer could have stressed them and caused them not to lay.

3. Davidian

Davidian Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2008
    Nine Mile Falls, WA
    I bought 8 hens from another Local to start a Flock. All but 2 were laying when I got them. They did not lay for me for 3 weeks than all the sudden one a day and then 2 a day and now 5-6 a day from 8, so not too bad. It just took them a while to get comfy... Now I'm swimmin in Eggs... Can't eat em fast enough.

I have heard and read on here so many times. Chickens Hate Change... Repeat 3 times...

4. UrbanChickenMama

UrbanChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    It'll take them a bit to adjust. They'll get back to normal for yah! [​IMG]

5. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    I agree. it's probably the new surroundings. Chickens like a specific spot where they lay- it's the same every time. My chickens have made nests in the garden. Also it might be too hot/cold (it's boiling-boiling-boiling over here) and they're using their energy to keep their body temperature right.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by