Putt-Putt or other entertainment ideas for autistic kid

I do actually belong to a local freecycle group. As soon as we get the garage cleaned out (need to anyway for a garage sale), I'll post on the freecycle group for basketball hoops, pool table, or whatever we decide on.

Thanks!

Hey as far as the garage door goes my kids have no problem just opening the door to go in and play. We did install an opener to make it easier to open. We have never even had a vehicle in the garage.

My son is 8 and is high functioning autistic. He really likes doing a climbing wall. He likes to go around the thing instead of up because he is not comfortable with heights. Its a thought, I think you can make them yourself for cheap, and if it only goes along the wall and not up to much you won't need the harness. Good luck, a great person to ask also would be a physical therapist/occupational therapist they usually have lots of tricks up their sleeves to help these guys.

Last edited:
Good ideas. Love the idea of a horizontal climbing wall ... loves to climb but doesn't like the heights. And we considered archery but he doesn't want to "kill" anything. No matter how much I explain that's not part of how we'd use the archery skill set.

Not sure about the comment about the doors. Explain?

Maybe it's just me. I'm exhausted. We lifted weights for about 2 minutes today, then shortly after, he started a fire (when I stepped out for THREE minutes to do a last egg check) and then he had an episode. Truly, I can barely function... this is the first time I've been on the computer today.

And now I'm gonna get off!

Keep those ideas coming! And I will definitely consult with one (or all) of his therapists. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom