Putting a window in Resin Shed

Pics

MGA

Songster
5 Years
Jul 19, 2018
St Augustine FL
I would like to know if someone has put a window in their plastic/resin shed (used as a chicken coop)
I am going to put a window in but someone elses photos would be helpful as far as framing it out
I have the hole cut to accommodate the window but I would like to see photos of how they dealt with the edge of the blow moulded panels
I have my own ideas but would like to get other ideas!
Thanks Mike

I would try to find some plastic C-channel and pop rivet it to the panels to frame out the hole. You should be able to cover up your mistake. Harbor freight has a plastic rivet kit that I think would work better than metal rivets.

C-Chan500.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the hijack @MGA

You may need more framing than for a resin shed in this thread as the metal walls are not as stiff.
I added a large door to a metal shed, basically built a stud wall inside shed.
I used 2x4's but 2x2's(ripped 2x4's) might work for you...would also give you attachment points for roosts/nests/etc.
View attachment 1848548

View attachment 1848549

Agreed. I will be doing that for each window, and I plan to have a series of vertical 2x4's on each of the 3 walls to act the framework to do - everything I need.

TWG

PHOTOS!
Alright I messed up the measurement on the window plus I cut the hole crooked and off center!!
I want to put the window in right so I will be adding wood and cutting the hole straight so it looks like I didnt screw it up! (So my wife won't realize how far I am off)
I was wondering if anybody has pictures of a window install in plastic shed
I mean I know what I am going to do but I could use others peoples ideas also!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 448
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 446
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_1223.JPG
    IMG_1223.JPG
    251.2 KB · Views: 469
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 505
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 491
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 479
Looks like you have it under control! Post updates! Yours may become the how-to thread if no one has tried it yet.

Attach 2x4 flat on the inside. Looks like you over cut it by afew inches . Truth me your not the first one to so it. Before you install window caulk around the opening before you install window. Then trim out the outside with 1"x4" . Then caulk around the trim. The outside trim can be nailed using a nail gun or trim screws..
You don't need to cut the opening to clean it up.
Just make sure you use a level to leave the framing and window.

Thanks I am going to put 1/2 by 5 1/2 (fence slats)on the outside and mount (with chaulk) the window to that on inside I'll put 2x4s
The 1/2 x 5 1/2 wood on the outside will cover up the messed up hole around the window...I don't know what I was thinking when I cut the hole so large? I have recut the hole a little and evened it up so at least the window will where it was supposed to be! I've been thinking I'll paint the wood the same color as the shed so it doesn't stand out thanks Steve!

Back
Top Bottom