Putting a window in Resin Shed

Aart
Seems pretty solid I mean it has a little shake to it but it's about as strong it was without the window
But the bolt down made it really solid
Not I got to work on the chicken door it's already cut out its about 12 in x 12 in Im using sheet metal to cover up the walls I will attach the metal to the wood I have put in the cut walls I feel it will clean up the door opening and not make it smaller
That hole I cut precisely (I learned my lesson on the window!) when I get it done I'm going to install an automatic door made from a auto car antenna (I saw it on backyard chickens)
Then I want to make the 2 windows open on the doors--Mike

TWG
You'll be putting them in a wood coop or resin (plastic shed)---Mike

Metal, just painted.

TWG
20190713_113356.jpg

Sorry for the hijack @MGA
You may need more framing than for a resin shed in this thread as the metal walls are not as stiff.
I added a large door to a metal shed, basically built a stud wall inside shed.
I used 2x4's but 2x2's(ripped 2x4's) might work for you...would also give you attachment points for roosts/nests/etc.
upload_2019-7-18_8-26-3.png

upload_2019-7-18_8-26-26.png

Art thats looks good I like the truss plates made out of plywood its probably very strong!
I may go back and put some framing after I frame out the chicken door
I wondering if u had any ideas for making the factory door windows open and close I thought I could get away with hinges to open and close them but I have look into I'm thinking of using the plexiglass
and fasting it the window frame and then hinges to open & close kinda like the same design of the window I put in
Then prop it open with a piece of wood or I'll get a toy box hinges or something like that

T-I think that would be a good solution to an awning and regular windows if I didnt find the window I would have to go with a regular window and awning I might have put a small piece of sheet metal for awning on the new window since when it rains in FL
the rain is almost horizontal!!
And in the summertime its rains everyday at about 4pm

-Mike

Sorry for the hijack @MGA

You may need more framing than for a resin shed in this thread as the metal walls are not as stiff.
I added a large door to a metal shed, basically built a stud wall inside shed.
I used 2x4's but 2x2's(ripped 2x4's) might work for you...would also give you attachment points for roosts/nests/etc.
View attachment 1848548

View attachment 1848549

Agreed. I will be doing that for each window, and I plan to have a series of vertical 2x4's on each of the 3 walls to act the framework to do - everything I need.

TWG

Back
Top Bottom