putting baby chick back with momma hen

Rudkin

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 14, 2013
We had four eggs hatch and our broody hen abandoned a baby. We brought it in and then brought in another chick to keep it company. Not sure the abandoned one is gonna make it. Can the other baby be put back in the coop with momma hen after a day?

The sick o e didn't make it . I think there was domething wrong with it. Everytime we git it to perk up it would go downhill again. The momma gen abandoned the other two babies. We thought they were dead they were so cold and suddenly we saw movement. They got some tlc and are doing fine now.

Sorry to hear about that. I had a similar situation myself a while back but with only one survivor. It's not fun.

Good luck with your little babies.

That's too bad. We've only had a hen abandon her baby one time, in all our broodies. She just had one chick and she acted terrified of her. We named the chick Lil Orphan Annie and got her some new siblings at the feed mill, and all four chicks were adopted by our peahen, Sweetpea. So it turned out well after all.
big_smile.png

Awe! That's great. You got lucky. Our three are still doing good.my mom is going to spoil them rotten!

Back
Top Bottom