Putting Cord Into Coop

D.gif

Quote:
I did just that except my connection is outside the coop in my garage. Just make sure it stays dry. Works for me!

I got an electrician to run an underground wire in conduit from a breaker box to a breaker box. It is according to code, although I did not have to meet code. From the breaker box in the shed which contains my coop, I have two separate circuits to outlets, one in the coop and one in the shed, both with exterior covers to keep the dust out although they are protected from water. I also have two different circuits to two different lights, one in the coop and one in the shed where the food is stored. I have plenty of current to run whatever I want and am not worried about burning my coop and shed down due to a short circuit. I have power to run any tools I want down there which has come in real handy. I can keep my brooder in the coop.

It did cost a bit but I am good to go for a long time.

Guess I Was Lucky.there Is An Outlet Just Outside My Coop. I Drilled A Hole And Pushed A Surge Protector Cord And And Plug Through, Screwed The Panel To A 2x4.and Now My Gals Have A Radio,lamp.and My Electric Barking Dog.[in The Box] With 3 Extra Plugs.may Need Heated Bowl For Winter.works Great.thanks Joe Byrant For The Idea.

Back
Top Bottom