Putting in an Amazon book order tonight, any suggestions

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chickboss, Jun 5, 2010.

1. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    on books related to waterfowl, breeding, breed standards, ect., ect., ect., Any would be apreciated, looking for the in depth stuff. Thanks!

2. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Anything from Dave Holderread to start with.
    Katharina

3. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    looking at my backyard poultry book and I am seeing some books of interest: The Book of Geese by Dave Holderread and also Storey's guide to Raising Ducks also by Dave Holderread....supposedly he is an expert on waterfowl..check out his website... if you google holderreads his farm will pop up. He is in Oregon. And actually I went to it today for the first time becasue there was a very neat article about him in the Back Yard Poultry Magazine.

4. dot n'dave

dot n'dave Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    CT
    Ditto!!!

5. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Thanks! [​IMG] I already have books from Dave Holderread ordered, and own Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks. We purchased ducklings from them this year (we live in Oregon) and are very pleased. I highly recomend them, they are really nice people to deal with as well as being experts in the field. Any others?

6. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Chris and Mike Ashton have a few publications that might be of use to you as well.

7. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
  8. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    I hope it is not too late! My top recommendation really would be, "The Domestic Duck", by Mike and Chris Ashton. There is simply nothing like it. In my opinion, it is the best book written about domestic ducks (and I think I have read them all!). [​IMG]

9. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    lol, I have that book.... I haven't read it yet. lol I'll buy duck books and put them on a shelf all together, then forget to red them

10. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    do these come in movie form? LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by