Putting in an Amazon book order tonight, any suggestions

chickboss

Songster
9 Years
Mar 23, 2010
on books related to waterfowl, breeding, breed standards, ect., ect., ect., Any would be apreciated, looking for the in depth stuff. Thanks!

looking at my backyard poultry book and I am seeing some books of interest: The Book of Geese by Dave Holderread and also Storey's guide to Raising Ducks also by Dave Holderread....supposedly he is an expert on waterfowl..check out his website... if you google holderreads his farm will pop up. He is in Oregon. And actually I went to it today for the first time becasue there was a very neat article about him in the Back Yard Poultry Magazine.

Thanks!
smile.png
I already have books from Dave Holderread ordered, and own Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks. We purchased ducklings from them this year (we live in Oregon) and are very pleased. I highly recomend them, they are really nice people to deal with as well as being experts in the field. Any others?

I hope it is not too late! My top recommendation really would be, "The Domestic Duck", by Mike and Chris Ashton. There is simply nothing like it. In my opinion, it is the best book written about domestic ducks (and I think I have read them all!).
smile.png

lol, I have that book.... I haven't read it yet. lol I'll buy duck books and put them on a shelf all together, then forget to red them

Back
Top Bottom