Puzzle Box Coop (updated pictures!!!)

Quote:
You could put wooden flaps, hinged at the top like awning windows. When open, the flap will help keep rain from blowing into the coop, and you can close some of them down on cold nights.

Quote:
You could put wooden flaps, hinged at the top like awning windows. When open, the flap will help keep rain from blowing into the coop, and you can close some of them down on cold nights.

Oooo, that's a great idea!

That is exactly what I was thinking of for over the windows! It is light enough for 2 people to move it. And it comes apart so fast it is easily transportable. I'm really excited about them.

I finally finished the coop today and I am really happy with how it turned out. I need to put a shutter on the front window but other than that IT"S DONE!!!!!

38307_100_2790.jpg

38307_100_2789.jpg

38307_100_2788.jpg

Well now that I finished this AND have access to more of these boxes from time to time, I am wondering if maybe I should make a couple to sell once I finish 3 more for me. Does anyone out there think they would sell?

Quote:
Definitely yes. That's what I was thinking as I was reading this thead. Not only is the coop beautiful to look at, but it's actually functional: good ventilation, and easy to clean.

The only think I'm wondering about is the flat roof and how it will perform in the rain. It's a single piece of wood, so there would be no way for it to leak or sag in the middle from water pooling up on it.

Back
Top Bottom