PVC pipe type DIY feeder that works?

oguzakyuz

Songster
6 Years
May 28, 2017
I was wondering if any one can suggest me a PVC pipe type DIY feeder that is actually well tested and works? There are many designs out there but I am pretty sure most pictures are shared before being sufficiently tested.

I built one by myself which is basically a 3" vertical pipe followed by two 45 degree elbows but there is too much spillage and also only one chicken can eat at a time.

I have a flock of 5 so I prefer if all of them can eat together.

Oguz

I would build a no waste feeder, it's been tried and proven by many people on here. You can use many different containers, whatever size and shape you want to use. Here's a link to the thread and a pic of mine, I used five and seven gallon buckets, some people have used totes.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...cket-feeder-for-about-3.834227/#post-12233274

20170423_121746.jpg

20180218_171824.jpg
here is what we made. It works well for my little call ducks. It is under the covered part of my run so it doesn't get wet. :)
I like the no waste bucket idea, but my birds all like to eat together. :lol:

I was wondering if any one can suggest me a PVC pipe type DIY feeder that is actually well tested and works? There are many designs out there but I am pretty sure most pictures are shared before being sufficiently tested.

I built one by myself which is basically a 3" vertical pipe followed by two 45 degree elbows but there is too much spillage and also only one chicken can eat at a time.

I have a flock of 5 so I prefer if all of them can eat together.

Oguz
That's pretty much what we made, but turned the 45 degree pieces angled up, so less food gets spilled. But this only works if there is no chance of rain getting in. I have 2 of these, each one with 2- 45 degree pieces, so 4 can eat at once if they want. But you know they all want to eat out of the same one, like it's got something special the others don't!

Back
Top Bottom