PVC

i t
Is there a way to make doors? I will need two doors--one to enter the enclosure and one to enter duck area.

I think the only limiting factor would be your own ingenuity. You could use chain link fence doors if you used larger pipe, or you could sink 2 wood posts and build a wood door if you came up with a way to connect the emt to the wood post. Sound like a fun project!

I guess I ment emt. I have never really considered what material it was, just figured it was aluminum...
Knowing your materials can be pretty important. ;) but then I have 2 decades of industrial design experience.

Your t-post to emt clamp is pretty cool! But why go through all the effort? Do you think you could have just gone to a 1.5 inch pipe and sank the emt directly? Maybe even go so far as to fill the pipe with sand or concrete? It seems to me like the only difference would be lift resistance from the plate on the t post, but is it needed for your application?
Not quite sure what you mean by this....sink 1.5" EMT as posts and bend for rafters?? Use standard 1.5" EMT couplers to join posts to rafters?
I think that would actually be harder and more costly.
I could not have bent 1.5" EMT for the rafters, it took about all I had to bend the 3/4",
it was tricky to learn tho, made a few 'bad' ones before I figured it out.

Why's.
I did not want to dig holes for posts. Locating, plumbing, and pounding Tposts to the needed height is much easier than setting posts in a hole. The plate on the Tposts is more for alignment of fence face sides of post than lift resistance and keeps the post from twisting as you pound it in. I also wanted something that was movable/removable, half the Tposts in the run were taken from an old garden fence project. Using Tposts is pretty easy in my soil, have been using, moving and reusing them for a long time.

The clamps were not that hard to make, cut 2" PVC to length, drill a couple holes using drill press, and done! It did take some time researching then dinking around to find a way to make them work, they started with the screw set idea from some commercial Tposts clamps.

Is there a way to make doors? I will need two doors--one to enter the enclosure and one to enter duck area.
I drilled clearance holes in the Tposts to mount a piece of 2x2 to screw the door hinges to. I made all the coop and run doors from 2x2's. Don't have detailed pics of that, but could take some....was planning on taking some pics of the door thresholds which are pavers to deter diggers, including the chickens from the inside...SMH....had to bolster the threshold with 8x16 pavers sunk vertically them held with rebar stakes to keep them from caving it in.

Back
Top Bottom