Pygmy Goats!

Eduardo

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 8, 2009
I decided I wanted these, and i saw online a pair for $300. Breed was not specified, but I am guessing they are not pure. Is this a good price? Is it better to get them when they are young, or is adults ok?

Last edited:
Are they Registered??

My pygmy mutts which are really a cross between Pygmies and Nigi dwarfs go for $35 males and $40 females for babies..... adults go for $45 and $50.....

I have seen some for closer to $100 but I wouldn't go much beyond that....

Hope this helps!!

They are not registered. I've seen people ask for 600 for a pair here. I guess they are more expensive in this area. This one is $175 and I don't think he's anything special.

fotossurtidas2009358.jpg

not to be mean or anything, but I read your post about wanting to kill your dogs and goats are a lot more annoying than dogs. Trust me, not sure you know what you are getting into.

Mrs. Turbo :

not to be mean or anything, but I read your post about wanting to kill your dogs and goats are a lot more annoying than dogs. Trust me, not sure you know what you are getting into.

It wasn't meant to be taken literally. It's a hyperbole. It's a figure of speech in which statements are exaggerated. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is rarely meant to be taken literally. The dogs had just killed my oldest and dearest chicken, I don't know if you understand attachment to animals. I was looking for support, not getting flamed or chased around like this.​

Last edited:
Well he is very cute and awesome but I think you got a bad deal thats crazy for not even a registered goat I got my pygmy goats for $25 and $45 bucks but if you had the money then thats great as for the dog thing people need to step off it was like you said a figure of speech plus not to offend anyone but rotties are not fit to own they are like from satan and hurt WAY! to many people

26863_pic_18.jpg

26863_pic_19.jpg

26863_img_1319.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Wow those are beautiful. I'll just keep waiting for a good deal, but they are all going for around ammount down here. The guy even said that at the agro center they had them for 400 a pair. Today I will work on pens for the chickens i got so the dogs won't be a problem anymore. The rottweillers were bought for home protection and they were raised ammong the chickens so it never seemed like an issue until yesterday, honestly I was half expecting it any day. From what I saw on the carcass i think they just ran her over because her neck was broken, no teeth marks or even missing feathers. They like running around and will chase after anything that moves. Today they have been very quiet and i feel like they know. Anyway I'm not going to post more about this, since the original thread got locked for a reason and this thread is about pygmy goats.

Last edited:
Quote:
It wasn't meant to be taken literally. It's a hyperbole. It's a figure of speech in which statements are exaggerated. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is rarely meant to be taken literally. The dogs had just killed my oldest and dearest chicken, I don't know if you understand attachment to animals. I was looking for support, not getting flamed or chased around like this.

I wasn't flamming you, I am not like that and I understood your figure of speech, but thanks for clearing that up...
roll.png
my dogs drive me nuts also and have killed a bird or two.

Last edited:
Our dogs run away from the goats and ducks.....

Oh and $600 is WAY too much for 2 goats... I paid 25 for TWO of them last year... and $50 a piece is the most I will spend. Where are you located that they are so spendy?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom