Pyncheon chickens. Anyone else have any?

The chick looks like it will be Mille Fleur color....have a beard....and a single comb.....and a few feathers on it's feet..... It may also have a small crest/tassel.....hard to tell right now....it may also have vulture hocks from the cock bird. Early yet....but it looks like a pullet to me.....just a hunch.... it will be a very attractive cross. I would like to see what it looks like when it's grown.....good luck on your project!

thanks
smile.png
that would be cool if it was a pullet
smile.png
Yep Ill keep posting pictures of it as it gets bigger on the raising chicks forum
smile.png

107200_picture_696.jpg
[/img] Here's Spongy Big Sister
smile.png
smile.png

107200_picture_712.jpg
[/img] Here's the second one that hatched three days ago. I know that one's a little rooster. his name is little Chico
107200_picture_720.jpg
[/img] The newest member not sure if its a roo or a little pullet ??? It hatched last night early in the morning

I have heard very little about these birds, but find it interesting, with all the cross breeding going on, a little of this, a little of that, that the old "recessive gene" pops into my head.
I have 4 identical hens, that look very close to Pyncheons. Same coloring, same tuft/comb, very weird that they would all show up at the same time in my mixed flock.
OF COURSE, I am at work, and cannot post pics. But in the back of my mind, I have always thought, those are them!

The first chick is really growing.....the second one is very cute..... You'll find the Pyncheons and Pyncheon crosses to have wonderful personalities..... Keep us posted.

Quote:
Thanks
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
yeah little Chico the second one is feisty but love able. His coloring is a little different than Spongy's. I need to take his picture again. he's getting bigger. I've got another one in the incubator trying to pip and it's blonde. It's from the same parents just blonde
smile.png
smile.png
. Oh I was gonna say on Spongy her feathers on her feet are starting to get really cool looking. I'll post pictures in the morning , they look mille fleur . All chicks have feathered feet. Not sure about this new one that's still pipping.

I'll take pictures of it after it's fluffed up.

Quote:
Can't wait to see pictures. Thanks at first I wasn't going to breed their mom with Little Man my Mille Fleur D'uccle rooster. But I thought well why not let's see what I get. Right now their mom Ms Elizabeth Taylor is molting. I might put him back with her not sure.

They don't really look like pyncheons to me. They are spangled, the crests are all dark, ear lobes large and white.
old.gif
"You doth not make a pyncheon quite that easily."
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom