Finally had time to candle them this evening and all 4 are developing. 😃

So far the hen hasn’t shown any broodiness.
I’m leaving eggs in the nest box right now, to see if anything clicks after she’s got a few.

07958369-53C2-4D30-BEA5-0AE15D2B9A47.jpeg

I wish Judy Blume would still crow! I love hen crows so much 💜 I've got an OEGB hen that crows and I actually got a recording of it to enjoy anytime. Judy Blume is just so quiet. Even her chatter is so quiet. Maybe she doesn't because the more dominant OEGB hen crows. Judy Blume loves to dig and had a hole deeper than she is tall dug out in her run! My birds aren't free ranging because of the bird flu and having a lot of wild waterfowl on the property, so she's taken to digging herself to the other side of the world apparently 😂
I have two d'Uccle girls that crow!! One crows for a few months, then the other takes over and crows.. and it is sooo cute. They work so hard to do it just right!

I have wanted pyncheons as well.. any of the true bantams are just so adorable 🥰

How are the eggs?
The 4 eggs in the incubator are still developing. Saturday will be the 2 week mark.
ALSO, after I collected the 4, I left the subsequent eggs with the hen and she started setting when she had collected 7. There’s 8 as of this afternoon, but she’s just started spending lots of time on the nest. Not sitting as tight as my broody Nankins and Cochins, but it’s a start.

The 4 eggs in the incubator are still developing. Saturday will be the 2 week mark.
ALSO, after I collected the 4, I left the subsequent eggs with the hen and she started setting when she had collected 7. There’s 8 as of this afternoon, but she’s just started spending lots of time on the nest. Not sitting as tight as my broody Nankins and Cochins, but it’s a start.
That's great!

Back
Top Bottom