Pyramid roof for cupola... Help!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jettgirl24, Jan 6, 2013.

1. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    Alright, I'm fiiiiinally starting on the finishing touches to my big coop. I'm not even going to say how long it took us to get here, it's plain embarrassing! So I've built the box for the cupola. It fits great! But now I'm trying to figure out how to build the dang pyramid roof and I am baffled... Feeling like I bit off more than I can chew with this one! I've looked at a bunch of woodworking sites and I couldn't make heads or tails of the math. Is there any kind of trick that I can employ to get this thing built? Keep in mind that I am terrible at math!

Thanks!

2. jester8484

jester8484 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2012
    Conowingo, Maryland
    My Coop
    for those that aren't mechanical masters I always recomend makeing a mock up.

simple take some scrap cardboard and tape, and cut it up and tape it together until it's what you want.

then untape and use the pieces as templates to mark on the wood or plastic being used.

honestly you don't have to measure anything.

1 person likes this.
  3. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    Thank you! Sounds like that will be my best shot :) Waiting for my drill batteries to re-charge so I can put the box together then I'll give it a go. I'll post pics when I'm done... If it turns out respectably :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by