Pyxis' Emu Chat Thread

it is starting to look like the eggs i purchased the farm auction, were not in fact guinea hen eggs. it is more likely they are bantam chicken eggs. this explains the 20 day incubation. so good news / bad news. good news i can hatch a chicken, which i already knew. bad news it's a bantam. It's days like this, when i wish still had my alligator .
:barnieWhat is wrong with people! Guinea eggs do not look like bantam chicken eggs. The seller should have known better

it is starting to look like the eggs i purchased the farm auction, were not in fact guinea hen eggs. it is more likely they are bantam chicken eggs. this explains the 20 day incubation. so good news / bad news. good news i can hatch a chicken, which i already knew. bad news it's a bantam. It's days like this, when i wish still had my alligator .

If you don't want the bantam chicks, maybe you could sell them?

oh i don't want it (or them if more hatch), but my son and girlfriend have seen the cute little chick, and now i'm stuck with it. everybody wants to snuggle the little chick but i'll end up doing all the dirty work.
Yep!

Do you have pictures of the Bantams(Not people...we love pictures of chickens!)?

Last edited:
IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0079.JPG
IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0093.JPG

Can you guys tell me all about emus? I've always wanted a couple. Right now, my chicken flock is experiencing Mareks. I'm not sure if I can continue raising chickens. Can emus get Mareks? Are Emus fun to have? Are they loud? Are they expensive to keep? Do they take lots of space? What can you do with emus? Would you recommend it? How much are emu eggs? Are emus nice to small children? Thanks! (I'd love pics of emu chicks or developing emu eggs)

Back
Top Bottom