Q: For those that have already used Auto-Egg Turners

LoveMyBirds

Songster
11 Years
Aug 10, 2008
If you have used Auto Egg turners in the past, what would you say the % of hatch rate is..??

I just read where one person stated that the auto turner didn't seem to work to well verses the hand turning..

I have 2 incubators going at this moment.. (1st time with a Turner) and one has auto turner and the other I am manually turning.

After reading this persons post, I am wondering how others hatch rate has been with Auto Turners..

I hope to get a good response here on the auto turners because this sure saves a lot of time each day..

Thank you..

I honestly think I get better hatches by hand turning. I'm not sure why, though. Maybe trying to stabilize the temps after removing it has an effect on the hatch rate.

You're right though it is much easier.

Hello, I have used the turner and also have hand turned and I can honestly say that I had better hatches from hand turning. Could be the quality of the fertile eggs themselves also. The convienence of the turner is by far a positive and not needing to open the bator half as often is also a plus. The turner just makes the eggs sort of "teeter totter" back and forth. Every couple days I half turn the eggs in the turner, I guess just to make myself feel better.
hmm.png

Interesting... My first and only gator has an auto turner. I never thought my somewhat low hatch rates (never more than 60%) might be related to that, always thought I was just doing something imperfect combined with the fact that I've only ever hatched shipped eggs. Maybe I need to try hand turning my pricier eggs... I'm going to watch this thread and see what others opinions are.... Thanks for posting this ????......

i know without a doubt any of my eggs that didn't hatch , had nothings to do with the turner. so i'd say 100%
the 32 i lost this year was due to a 128 degree temp surge in an lg.

Back
Top Bottom