1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Q with those with a white chicken...i dont want to give new roo a bath

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Mama2B&D&...Chickens, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Mama2B&D&...Chickens

Mama2B&D&...Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Plant City, FL.
    BUT he's quite dirty from being in quarentine--he's a coronation sussex...will his white come back after i let him out with the girls to free range and actually roost instead of sleeping in his poo [​IMG] ick..i try and keep the bottom of it clean but its inevitable and he wont "roost" on my makeshift roost i tried to make him in there...i think he knows he's just really big and clumsy lol

Thanks...im sure he would NOT love a bath, and he's really SO big for me..i cant imagine trying to give him one! Maybe i'd have to do it in our shower so he couldnt run from me. BAHAHA (kidding)

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

If you use water that is bird body temperature (around 100* F or a little more) they don't seem to mind it.

3. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I think he will clean and preen himself if left to his own.

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Quote:This.

Plus, if he's really nice to the ladies, maybe the'll help groom him [​IMG]

5. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    My chickens got soaked when it rained maby you can let him molt, dust bath, soakde by the rain to get it off

6. Mama2B&D&...Chickens

Mama2B&D&...Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Plant City, FL.
    thks...im just ancy too see his white and pretty and clean...lol...i'll wait till he gets free ranging i guess--the last thing i need is to make the new roo HATE me b/c i gave him a bath to see his white all purdy. [​IMG]

7. saladin

saladin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    Just one more reason to avoid white chickens!

I've got White Cubalayas and White Asil; when it comes to getting them show ready I wish I had neither.

8. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    I have a California white hen, the roos love to "love her"...she get's dirty one day, by the next day, she is clean...they preen themselves every day...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by