Quaaaaaail tiiiiiiiime!!!!

I now have 11! That last one hatched with what looks like splay leg, but keeps up well enough with the others. Should I try to correct? Also, it keeps escaping the cup. Iā€™m using a disposable paper cup, like what you would find in your bathroom cabinet, but Theagenes (the quail, not the ancient athlete) keeps escaping. What would you recommend to hold the leg upright?

I've tried rubber bands put through a bit of plastic drinking straw to make hobbles.

There's always a noisy one!

I've tried rubber bands put through a bit of plastic drinking straw to make hobbles.

Ok. Yep, I figured! Nico must be the loud one. He (assuming male because of brown face marking) is sleeping now, but when heā€™s awake, everyone else is!

All but one other egg is either clear or gone by now. I noticed some looked funny when candling, so I only expected 12. Baby 12 is still in the eggshell, day 19 when all others hatched on day 16-17. Baby 12 is breathing, and I think still absorbing veins? Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom