quail adventure continued

njduck

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 15, 2011
So my quail are laying eggs. still not sure of my roo's. I think I have 1 roo and 8 hens. I am getting 6 to 8 eggs a day. 2 nights ago in the dark. I heard the strangest sound coming from the pen. also just 1 making the sound so I would assume it is a roo. I have eggs due to go into lock down. in that group of eggs is a batch I got off ebay in the weeks of extreme heat, so hopefully something hatches. I just put another load of eggs in the bator yesterday, but some of them were over 10 days old. so hopefully something good comes of these 2 hatches

Good luck on the hatches!
thumbsup.gif

Good luck! what kind of quail? with most quail anything after 7 days isnt viable anymore, but I've still had them hatch, so maybe people on the internet are crazy? :p who knows these days

today is day 17 and I have 3 hatched. looks like i have a huge learning curve.

Good luck! what kind of quail? with most quail anything after 7 days isnt viable anymore, but I've still had them hatch, so maybe people on the internet are crazy? :p who knows these days
Your right you never know. But after 7 days the fertility of the egg goes way down doesn't mean it won't hatch.

Back
Top Bottom