Quail and nightcrawlers?

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
Just wondering if these were okay to feed my quail? I have started gardening
th.gif
and my son is a nut when it comes to digging the worms out of the dirt! We gave them a few yesterday, but I just wanted to check and make sure it was okay to feed them nightcrawlers dug out of the yard? They really seemed to like them, so I hope they are okay!
fl.gif

That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure. These birds aren't for eating anyway, this is the start of my breeder 'colony'. Thanks guys
smile.png

yeppers other than the risk of some wormies theres not much of a risk, it's just like letting them forage on the ground.
smile.png
You may wanna worm them eventually though as im sure even if htey'r enot for eating it may make them skinny? Im not sure though.

I raise tiger wormies for mine, have been for several months now....still in most of the breeding phase but when I do give them some they go crazy
smile.png

Oh I know!! The buttons and the baby pharaohs really loved them! The jumbos were kind of worried about them, but they caught on soon enough! My son was holding some through the top of the pharaohs brooder and making them jump for them
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom