Quail babies moved out!

They do love their dust baths!! 😆 First thing they did in their outside coop! Falb fees are really quite striking colors, I really like them!
They are considered a rare color of coturnix quail too! I made them a dust bath that is not as dusty, but they all love the dirt...but yeah they do look so nice and love to take dust baths. It looks like your quail are about the age of mine, which are 5.5 weeks....they should be laying soon!!!!

They are considered a rare color of coturnix quail too! I made them a dust bath that is not as dusty, but they all love the dirt...but yeah they do look so nice and love to take dust baths. It looks like your quail are about the age of mine, which are 5.5 weeks....they should be laying soon!!!!
Yes, I got lucky having rare colors on my very first quail purchase I guess! I just found the lady on Facebook locally and wasn’t really sure what I would get. I also got a silver, a rosetta, and these two that I’ve been unsure what to call them but I love their coloring! I’ve been told they’re Grau Fees, but they don’t quite look right in comparing them to online pics but they probably are—very exacting proof I know 😆 Learning quail colors is hard!

I am super excited for the eggs, even bought quail egg scissors! I really wanna make tiny quail deviled eggs haha. They’re a fun and different thing than chickens, so I’ve been enjoying both and their similarities and different quirks. I love the cricket like noises they make, and how they freak out at the slightest things hehe. Chickens are definitely a bit more chill, although the silkies come close! And speaking of dusty gray color—my white Silkie LOVES dust bathing and is no longer pretty white 😆

Attachments

• 997865B4-1D92-4D55-9344-EA61581EDCE2.jpeg
    997865B4-1D92-4D55-9344-EA61581EDCE2.jpeg
    492.7 KB · Views: 2
  • C7B2753E-8469-48BE-9E30-98F6F3FF4F6C.jpeg
    C7B2753E-8469-48BE-9E30-98F6F3FF4F6C.jpeg
    566.5 KB · Views: 2
There’s quite a range (haha bad pun)of shades in the grau and falb fees. It depends on a lot of factors, was the range pattern bird Rosetta or Tibetan, do they have 1 or 2 copies of fee. A bird with one copy of fee can end up looking very black/gray or it can have a lot of beige and creams mixed in. The double fees will be the most dark and black/gray with nearly no brown tones at all. Probably a lot of the photos you see are people showing off their lines, and they will often post the sharpest double fees.

There’s quite a range (haha bad pun)of shades in the grau and falb fees. It depends on a lot of factors, was the range pattern bird Rosetta or Tibetan, do they have 1 or 2 copies of fee. A bird with one copy of fee can end up looking very black/gray or it can have a lot of beige and creams mixed in. The double fees will be the most dark and black/gray with nearly no brown tones at all. Probably a lot of the photos you see are people showing off their lines, and they will often post the sharpest double fees.
Ahh okay that does make sense! Thank you for all the help! I’ve learned a lot and appreciate your patience 😁

Back
Top Bottom