quail chick breathing normal or not?

muans

Chirping
Aug 4, 2020
my 4 days old quail chick do breathes heavily inside the brooder the temp is 95.5,but everything is fine about pooping, drinking,eating and sleeping..is it just that chicks do breathe fast normally? btw she's a lone chickšŸ£

Sounds like she's hot. Do you have a cool side to the brooder where she can get out of the heat if she wants to? You might try lowering the temp a bit.
actually i guess she don't have..what is the ideal temperature for a week old chick anyway?

The ideal temperature for a week old chick varies. My chicks are currently about 11 days old, and I have them down to the mid 80's for temperature. It's harder to tell with a lone chick, but when you have several, it's easier to tell if they're cold because they'll huddle together.

I would try lowering the temperature to about 90 to start, then if she still seems comfortable, lower it a bit more.

Your brooder should have a warm side and a cool side. That way the chick can choose the temperature that is the most comfortable.

The ideal temperature for a week old chick varies. My chicks are currently about 11 days old, and I have them down to the mid 80's for temperature. It's harder to tell with a lone chick, but when you have several, it's easier to tell if they're cold because they'll huddle together.

I would try lowering the temperature to about 90 to start, then if she still seems comfortable, lower it a bit more.

Your brooder should have a warm side and a cool side. That way the chick can choose the temperature that is the most comfortable.
thank you ive changed the heating bulb now and its 90 but still breathing heavily

Back
Top Bottom